HTTP Commander - web file manager
Active Directory version for educational institutions and other organisations
Windows authentication version is "must have" for educational institutions and other organisations with Active Directory structure to provide remote access for students and staff to folders shared at the network. Users can manage shared files and edit Office documents inside Intranet or from home (Internet) and to use for work PC, Mac or mobile device like iPad, iPhone, Android based devices, etc. It can be used as standalone application or integrated to existing portal. Basic or NTLM authentication is used.
HTTP Commander unique features:
Installation and configuration within 10 minutes.
No SQL server required, single ASP.NET application for administration and main UI.
300+ file formats can be open or edited online using only browser.
Documents, spreadsheets, images, video, audio. See full list
Integration with desktop Microsoft Office and free OpenOffice.org
Web file manager allows users to use desktop Office applications for online edit. User do not need to download documents and upload them back to server after editing -It works automatically (owing to WebDAV technology). Locking while editing feature is supported.
- Integration with SkyDrive (Microsoft Live) *new in v1.6.2
Allows users to upload/download files from HTTP Commander to own SkyDrive account. SkyDrive has rich integration with desktop MS Office and Office Web Apps. Users can edit their files online using desktop Office or via only browser.
Integration with Google Drive (Google Docs) and Zoho online services.
Free online service allows to view and edit most of document and images formats and store them. Upload/download to Google Drive/Docs account is also available.
Integration with Pixlr, Picasa and Flickr services -online image edit and sharing.
Users can edit image files at the server and upload/download to own image sharing account.
Integration with DropBox.com- popular file sharing, sync and store cloud service.
Users can upload/download to own DropBox.com account.
Possibility to map web folders (WebDav)
Web folder mapping is the functionality for users that allows to map web folder to the file system on local computer (WebDav). Users may see on a local computer and work with the same folders that they see via web interface
Supports Mobile Devices: TouchPad (Web tablet PCs), Smartphones.
No double or right mouse-clicking required in web interface. Smartphones users has mobile interface.
Mobile applications for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android
Users can download and install special HTTP Commander mobile application and remotely connect to the folders on server and do some file actions. Application for iOS can be downloaded at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/http-commander/id561413475?mt=8. Android users can download at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elementit.httpcommander
- Integration to any site: Unix, Windows, any CMS IFRAME view demo or Main demo
- Integration with existing CMS users database (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress samples already included) Details
- Forms and Windows (Active Directory) authentication or no authentication support
- Multiple files and folders uploaders with resumable and very large files size support.
- Multiple files and folders download (resumable)
- Flash uploader MultiPowUpload 3.4
- Java file upload applet JavaPowUpload 2.2.1
- Silverlgiht files uploader Ultimate Uploader 1.6.1
- ActiveX multiple files uploader ActiveXPowUpload 1.2
These are easy client-side solutions that can be used to perform multiple file upload from a user machine to the web server. MultiPowUpload is Flash based file uploader, JavaPowUpload Java applet supports multiple folders upload and download
Look the comparison table...
- 7/2/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.5 release
- 6/14/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.4 release
- 5/6/2013 MultiPowUpload 3.4.2 minor release
- 5/6/2013 Ultimate Uploader v 1.6.2 minor release
- 4/19/2013 JavaPowUpload 2.2.2 minor release
- 1/18/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.3 release
- 2/25/2013 JavaPowUpload 2.2.1 minor release
- 12/14/2012 HTTP Commander v 2.0.1 release