Product related news:
PowUpload is an ASP.NET file upload control
PowUpload HTTP upload component enables an ASP.NET application to capture and
save files uploaded to the web server by a browser. PowUpload
is fully compatible with the standard files upload protocol defined in RFC1867
for the HTML POST Form with the <INPUT TYPE=FILE>
PowUpload http module handles and stores the contents of the POST request to a file on the server hard disk rather than loading it into memory as the built-in ASP.NET upload support does. PowUpload provides rich server-side progressbar that lets users to monitor the progress of their uploads.
File upload component features
- Uploads up to 4 GB files (limited by IIS)(new in version 1.3) without in-memory caching of requests. This feature allows you to upload of large files to a server with the low load of RAM and to saved from “System.OutOfMemoryException” error.
- Provides rich progress and status information during the upload process.
- Resumable upload(PowUpload supports PUT method defined in W3C RFC 2616 that is specialy designed to upload files. PUT method allows resumable upload which PowUpload also supports) (new in version 1.3)
- 100% Server-side control. Does not require installation on the user computer.
- Compatible with any browser and OS on the user side.
- Compatible with SSL (HTTPS) and any kind of authentication.
- Unicode file names and form values support.
- Image size and type extraction functionality.
- Possibility to cancel an upload anytime with saving fully uploaded files. (new in version 1.3)
- Stores non file items of the form in own collection or in the built-in ASP.NET collection Request.Form.
- The Classes of the control has properties and methods with the same signature as in the built-in ASP.NET Request.Files collection. This gives you an opportunity to simply replace the built-in ASP.NET upload support with our one or use simultaneously the both.
- Fully Managed code and CLS compliant.
- Supports multiple files upload from multiple users at the same time.
- Upload speed limit. (new in version 1.3)
- Independent of httpRuntime maxRequestLength parameter.
- Allows to terminate connection any time or if too large file uploaded. (new in version 1.3)
- Access to uploaded Form variables and files while uploading. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes HttpHandler that allows to do any your custom actions while upload. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes sample of HttpHandler that directly saves files to SQL database. (new in version 1.3)
- Settings can be set in Web.Config or while runtime: common or for individual request. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes example of Progress bar without Page postbacks (AJAX technology)
- Example of extracting ZIP archives on server side. So clients can upload multiple files, folders and large folders structures.
- Easy installation with the help of setup.exe or by copying the Element-IT.PowUpload.dll file to the Bin\ folder of your application.
- Examples of use in C Sharp and VB.Net with a code behind or without.
- Includes an open source example of the file download feature without memory leak on the server.
Server system requirements:
- 3 Mb of free disk space + free space for uploaded files
- Windows 2000, Windows XP PRO, Windows 2003 Server or Windows Vista running Internet Information Services 5, 6 or 7
.NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 installed . Check if you have it in Control
Panel->Add and Remove programs
You can download .NET Framework 1.1 here (21MB) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
Or .NET Framework 2.0 here (23 MB) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en
Users side system requirements:
- The browser has to be RFC 1867 compatible in order to upload files. Most known browsers are RFC 1867 compatible.