What version I need?
...or buy full version (free installation assistance, 30-days money back) from $259
Product related news:
Web file manager HTTP Commander
HTTP Commander is a web file manager known since 2002 and used by 100s of educational organisations and companies. This software is intended for fast and easy integration into web site functionality of sharing and management files and documents at the Windows server through a web browser over HTTP. It's a web server based file sharing and management solution -alternative to FTP, WebDav, Sharepoint, etc. Users can work remotely with personal or shared folders or edit documents online stored on a server. Users can work from home PC, inside office/class or from mobile device (only web browser required).
It designed for Microsoft networks and can be used at Windows IIS web server or integrated to any site (ASP.NET, PHP, any CMS). It supports all popular browsers and OS at client side.
With HTTP Commander you can organize downloads at your site and share for your visitors any documents and files.
Web file manager HTTP Commander support both Forms and Windows authentication (Basic or NTLM authentication for Active Directory users).
"HTTP Commander has been an invaluable tool for all our customers to gain easy access to files and folders through a straight forward web interface, we highly recommend this product."Yusuf Yeganeh, Microbyte Solutions Ltd
Active Directory version for educational institutions and other organisations
Windows authentication version is "must have" for educational institutions and other organisations with Active Directory structure to provide remote access for students and staff to folders shared at the network. Users can manage shared files and edit Office documents inside Intranet or from home (Internet) and to use for work PC, Mac or mobile device like iPad, iPhone, Android based smartphone, etc. It can be used as standalone application or integrated to existing portal. Basic or NTLM authentication is used.
Our product unique features:
Installation and configuration within 10 minutes.
No SQL server required, single ASP.NET application for administration and main UI.
300+ file formats can be open or edited online using only browser.
Documents, spreadsheets, images, video, audio. See full list
Integration with desktop Microsoft Office and free OpenOffice.org *new in v1.5
Web file manager allows users to use desktop Office applications for online edit. User do not need to download documents and upload them back to server after editing -It works automatically (owing to WebDAV technology). Locking while editing feature is supported.
- Integration with SkyDrive (Microsoft Live) *new in v1.6.2
Allows users to upload/download files from HTTP Commander to own SkyDrive account. SkyDrive has rich integration with desktop MS Office and Office Web Apps. Users can edit their files online using desktop Office or via only browser.
Integration with Google Docs and Zoho online services. *new in v1.5
Free online service allows to view and edit most of document and images formats and store them. Upload/download to Google Docs account is also available.
Integration with Pixlr, Picasa and Flickr services -online image edit and sharing. *new in v1.5
Users can edit image files at the server and upload/download to own image sharing account.
Integration with DropBox.com- popular file sharing, sync and store service. *new in v1.5
Users can upload/download to own DropBox.com account.
Possibility to map web folders (WebDav) *new in v1.5
Web folder mapping is the functionality for users that allows to map web folder to the file system on local computer (WebDav). Users may see on a local computer and work with the same folders that they see via web interface
Supports Mobile Devices: TouchPad (Web tablet PCs), Smartphones. *new in v1.5
No double or right mouse-clicking required in web interface. Smartphones users has mobile interface.
Mobile applications for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android *new in v2.0
Users can download and install special HTTP Commander mobile application and remotely connect to the folders on server and do some file actions. Application for iOS can be downloaded at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/http-commander/id561413475?mt=8. Android users can download at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elementit.httpcommander
- Integration to any site: Unix, Windows, any CMS IFRAME view demo or Main demo
- Integration with existing CMS users database (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress samples already included) Details
- Forms and Windows (Active Directory) authentication or no authentication support
- Multiple files and folders uploaders with resumable and very large files size support.
- Multiple files and folders download (resumable)
Other HTTP Commander features:
- See full features list at Changelog (v.AJS 1.7)
- Files/folders management operations: creation, copying, deleting, renaming, move, search, view
- Creates access to personal and shared folders, local and remote (UNC paths like \\servername\folder).
- Folders navigation at the tree or table view.
- Different permissions like List, Modify, Upload, Zip, Unzip, Download, etc.
- Downloading multiple files and folders using HTTP protocol (Unlimited size, resumable) over Java applet.
- Uploading multiple files and folders using HTTP protocol (Unlimited size, resumable upload) over Flash uploader, Java applet or Silverlight uploader.
- Zip/UnZip files and folders, "Zip and download" feature
- Multiple items selection. You can select the files and directories you need with the CTRL and SHIFT Keys
- Fast and comfortable Context Menu and Toolbar Menu.
- Multilingual and customizable interface. (30+ languages included)
- Most known browsers support. Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+ core.
- 500x300 and higher screen capacity. Interface changes correctly after browser windows resizes.
- Compatible with SSL (HTTPS)
- Easy XML database and configuration file.
- Request new feature for free!
Server system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012 32 and 64 bit. Home OS with IIS like Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8 is also supported.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6/7/7.5/8
- ASP.NET (.NET Framework) 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5
Users side system requirements:
- Any OS (Windows, Mac, Unix, Ubuntu, Bada, Android, iOS).
- HTTP Commander ASP.NET file manager tested and works correct at 99% browsers: Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+. Upcoming Internet Explorer 10 is also supported