AJS 4.0.0 major version update ( 28 June 2016)
- (new) Added new features to create/edit office documents in services: Google Drive / MS Office Online / MS Office365
- (new) Added Office Form Based Authentication (parameter UseMSOFBAwithMSOffice) for editing documents in Microsoft Office desktop applications (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc313069.aspx)
- (new) New UI for Login page in Forms version
- (new) View documents in Google, MS Office Web Apps, Box, ShareCad, Edit in Zoho, Pixlr using just one click
- (new) Better support for Microsoft Edge (include drag-n-drop feature), Windows 10, Windows Server 2016
- (new) Added support to view AutoCAD files in A360 Autodesk Online Viewer
- (new) Added feature for manage (add, change, remove) files/folder comments (using details possibility)
- (new) Added feature for labelling files/folder
- (new) Added new themes for UI: Azzurra (with predefined colours: black, blue, gray, green, orange, red)
- (new) Added badge info about copy/cut files/folders quantity for Paste, Paste into buttons in toolbars and context menu
- (new) Added ACE code editor (https://ace.c9.io) for text files (with highlights syntax, collapse blocks, wrap, ...)
- (new) Updated libraries for play audio/video files in browser
- (new) New schema to open office documents in MS Office destkop applications. Without applets and plugins.
- (new) Support for Windows Phone 10 mobile interface
- (new) Updated third party libraries (include Newtonsoft.Json. Important! See Manual/Update.html)
- (fix) Dropped support for old SkyDrive API (used Passport.NET authentication protocol). Now OneDrive feature needs to set LiveConnectAppClientID parameter (UseNewSkyDriveAPI parameter removed)
- (new) Added sorting in lists of files for Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive for Business (download to / upload from windows): first by folders, than - titles
- (new) Added new parameter ZipUnicodeFileNames (by default true) for correct Zip/Unzip archives
- (fix) Dropped support of OfficeLauncher applet (open documents in OpenOffice/LibreOffice/MS Office).
- (new) Added new parameter TemporaryFolder (in main section) to store temporary files (thumbnails, zip download, video conversion, etc..)
- (new) Added 'Copy to clipboard' icon for fields with links (to file/folder, public links, etc...)
- (fix) Fix blocking ajax requests while download files
- (new) File list columns visibility and widths now stored in cookies
- (fix) Faster listing folders via WebDAV in Windows version
- (new) Updated manuals (include integration with cloud storages, WebDav Synchronization programs (for example CyberDuck))
- (new) Added new Zoho Show Editor formats: pptx, ppsx
- (new) Added additional field while upload files
- (new) Added account activation feature.
- (new) Added support of ShareCad online service
- (fix) Correct error message when there are completely no right to a folder
- (fix) Wrong symbols in username after lougout when Windows auth used in EDGE browser
AJS 3.2.0 minor version update ( 4 January 2016)
- Java applets used in HTTP Commander for file upload/download and to launch MS Office/OpenOffice now has new 256bit code sign certificate up to December 2017. Updated files stored in Uploaders\ folder.
AJS 3.2.0 minor version update ( 1 August 2015)
- Tested in Windows Server 2016
- Tested in Windows 10
- Tested in Office 2016 (beta)
- Tested in Microsoft Edge browser (Project Spartan) and latest IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- new feature: converting files using CloundConvert service https://cloudconvert.com/ (View / Edit -> Convert with CloudConvert)
- new feature: viewing office documents in Box Viewer (View / Edit -> View in Box)
- (update)Updated API for Box.net, OneDrive
- (new) For Windows Basic authenctication version now it is possible to set session timeout (auto logout after inactivity). Parameter "EnableAutoLogoutWhenSessionTimedOut"
- (new)Added new 10 languages (UI localization)
- (new) added 'Download all' button for start automatically download of all files from list ('Downloading of multiple files' window). Aslo in Chrome browsers you can drag file link for downloading.
- (fix) Fixed problem with stop uploading at 'Drag and drop' tab in 'Uploading of multiple files' window
- (fix) Support is dropped and disabled for Java & Silverlight Uploaders (also Java Download, Office Launcher) in Chrome 42+ (also chromium 42+ based browsers), Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan in Windows 10). See: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033
- (new) Added branding parameter for page with public links or public folder (PublicLinkLogoHeaderHtml)
- (fix) Fixed problem with download anonymous folder as ZIP archive
- (new) Added show expired anonymous links in Admin Panel
- (fix) Fix for correct work in OS with enabled FIPS policy
- (fix) Fixed issue with not working Mobile UI in Chrome 43+ browsers
AJS 3.1.19 minor version update ( 18 February 2015)
- (new) For Upload/Modify/Create email notifications added links to files in email body
AJS 3.1.17 minor version update ( 21 January 2015)
- (new) Added new parameter 'ZohoNoExport' in 'Office' section for disallow 'Export As..' functionality while editing document in Zoho Editor
AJS 3.1.16 minor version update ( 12 August 2014)
- (new) Added HTML5 chunked upload in 'Standard' upload tab (Text with '> 2GB' label shown if browser supports HTML5 upload.)
- (fix) Minor security fixes (Thanks to SecLab for testing).
- (fix) Updated Microsoft APIs for OneDrive for Business cloud service.
- (fix) Hidden trashed files/folders from Google Drive list (Upload from/Download to Google Drive feature)
- (new) For Email Notifications added new events: Created and Deleted files/folders, Created public link for file/folder (see EmailNotification section in settings)
AJS 3.1.15 minor version update ( 7 October 2014)
- (new) Parameters TreeView, HideTree, DefaultGridView added for handling from query string in Default.aspx page (see Manual/faq.html#settingsurl)
- (new) HTTP Commander tested on Windows 10 Server Technical Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview (IE, WebDAV)
- (new) In HTTP Commander with Forms Authentication method added new parameter PossibleAuthForWebDAV (instead of UseOnlyBasicAuthForWebDAV parameter). Required to configure authentication method (only Basic, only Digest or both Basic and Digest; by default using only Basic authentication) for WebDAV mapping or edit in Office feature.
- (new) Added parameter TplForAddUserNameToDisplaySenderNameWhenSendEmail to customize Display Name for sender when "Send Email" feature used.
- (fix) Fixed problem with WebDAV for folders containing '#' symbols in path
- (fix) Added support to map webfolders without '0' suffix in path if disabled AnonymousEditingOffice parameter (if enabled - '0'/'1' suffixes required)
- (new) Added 'Favorites' toolbar button for quick access to favorites folders (see ToolbarButtons1 or ToolbarButtons2 settings in UI section)
- (new) Added parameter ExpandSettingsWhenOpenCreatePublicLinkWindow (in UI section) to expand/collapse settings in "create public link" window
- (new) Added support to open Google Docs file types (.gdoc, .gsheet, .gslides, etc...) in Google Drive (see hidden parameter GoogleDriveFileTypes in Office section)
- (fix) Fixed problem in mobile UI with the redirection directly to the folder
- (fix) Fixed problem with limit of files when Drag'N'Drop folder upload used in Chrome
- (new) Added parameter ShowPublicLinksForView (UI section) to view documents provided by publick link
- (new) Added additional check to Diagnostics page (for WebDAV and others)
- (fix) Fixed problem in OneDrive for Business support
AJS 3.1.8 minor version update ( 30 June 2014)
- (new) UI professional(human) translation to Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian languages. User help files are also translated.
- (new) Added integration with OneDrive for Business (beta)
- (new) Support Drag'n'drop uploader for Safari 5+
- (new) Added second link to file (in context menu 'Share->Link to File/Folder'): this link opens the folder with the file and highlights it
- (new) Added ability to set default order and size of columns in detailed view (see DisplayedDefaultColumnsInList option in Admin Panel Settings tab)
- (new) Nw column "downloads" with the number of downloads (not visible by default, see settings DisplayedDefaultColumnsInList and EnableDownloadsCounting in Admin Panel)
- (new) Added impersonation owner when viewing public network folders. This is applicable only for Basic Authentication at IIS (Windows and Forms with Windows user authentication at HTTP Commander).
- (fix) Fixed problem with stop upload (on Standard tab) in Internet Explorer 11
- (fix) Fixed problem with download to OneDrive: The access token doesn't have correct permission for the resource. The access token must include one of the following scopes: 'wl.skydrive_update'
- (fix) Fixed problem when saving images from Pixlr ('working, please wait...' message) - now used by default GET request method for saving (see UseGETMethodWhenSavingPixlrImages parameter in Admin Panel)
- (fix) Fixed WriteIIS7ConfigChanges error 0x800700b7 (Failed add isapiCgiRestriction element) when installing HTTP Commander using Setup Wizard in Windows Server 2012
- (fix) Some security bug fixes
- (fix) Fixed problem when copy/move and paste files/folders from/to network location (path started with '\\')
- (fix) Fixed problem with download to Box, when disabled dowload to Dropbox feature
- (fix) Increased time for search queries
- (fix) Fixed problem when opening a Shortcut (.LNK files) links with network target paths
- (fix) Fixed logout from iOS in Windows version
- (fix) Fixed problem (403 error) with download public links created for view in Google Docs or OWA, or edit in Zoho or Pixlr
- (fix) Fixed bug in interface with download to Google Drive root folder
AJS 3.0.0 major version update ( 12 May 2014)
- (new) Completely new Mobile UI containing almost all of features of standard web UI. Interface is different for Android, iOS, Windows Phone OS but features are the same.
- (new) New SVG icons for main UI and admin panel. Icons looks great in both small or large (thumbnail) modes
- (new) Box.net cloud storage support.
- (fix) Integration of Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive is improved. OAuth2 authentication support.
- (new) Added possibility to upload folders for Chrome-based browsers
- (new) Reordering of context menu. New items in menu
- (new) View in Office Web Apps feature. Allows to see some kind of files online using only browser.
- (new) Added support Office Web Apps Server for view Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) from HTTPCommander in browser
- (new) Back, forward, resent folders controls on toolbar
- (new) Added alpha release of Antivirus Scanning functionality (tested with BitDefender for Windows Servers 3.5)
- (fix) Integration with OWA Exchange 2010 SP3 is checked. HCOwaPremiumIntegration.js is fixed
- (fix) Fixed issue with AdBlock extension in Chrome browser (blank screen after login).
- (new) Internet Explorer 11 support tested. Work in Windows 8.1 (Blue) and Windows Server 2012 (IIS 8.5) tested
- (fix) Different minor bug fixes
- (new) Different minor improvements in existing features.
AJS 2.0.10 minor version update ( 11 December 2013)
- Installation Wizard
- Updated and signed Java files (JavaPowUpload.jar, OfficeLauncher.jar) up to 2016 year
- Updated third-party libraries (Google GData, Newtonsotf.Json)
- Fixed Zoho Editor under SSL
AJS 2.0.9 minor version update ( 22 November 2013)
- Fixed bug at Simple Upload in Chrome (versions after November 2013) and IEx64
- Fixed bug with invalid size in anonymous folder view
AJS 2.0.5 minor version update ( 2 Jule 2013)
- Added new hidden parameter - SmtpNetworkEnableSsl=true|false (default "false"). Specifies whether SSL is used to access an SMTP mail server
- Added new file types for edit in Pixlr - jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, psd, pxd
- Removed support of zoho-viewer (Zoho Viewer API discontinued)
- Added new field 'Sender email' in 'Send Email' window for specifying of sender mail
- Added 2 new parameters (ShowFileMarkWhenLockedByWebdavClient, ShowFileMarkWhenExistsDetails) to show 'locked' and 'details' icons
- Different minor fixes
AJS 2.0.4 minor version update ( 14 June 2013)
- Subadmins users (admins with limited permissions)
- All content menu items can be added as toolbar buttons
- Added links to folders (if selected) in Send Email feature
- Added to Admin Panel (Misc tab) utility to load mapped drives from Group Policy
- Read and write data files in Data folder under application pool identity. The former version of application used the current user identity.
- Inline view .swf files (flash movies)
- Enhance workaround for logout problem in Windows authentication mode
- Different minor fixes
AJS 2.0.3 minor version update ( 18 January 2013)
- Added new parameters "RequirePasswordOnCreatePublicLink", "PublicLinkDefaultValidPeriod"
- Different minor fixes
AJS 2.0.2 minor version update ( 18 December 2012)
- Support LDAP with SSL for ldapContainer (LDAPS://
- Feature to maximize user interface to full screen or exit full screen in iframe mode and DIV mode.
- Different minor fixes
AJS 2.0.1 minor version update ( 24 November 2012)
- Forms authentication version now has disabled impersonation for Handlers\anonymousdownload.ashx by default i.e work under application identity user by default. This user can be changed at IIS settings.
- Different minor fixes
AJS 2.0 major version update ( 07 November 2012)Main changes:
- Mobile application for iOS(iPhone, iPad) and Android mobile devices
- IE 9 and 10 support and other latest browsers
- Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8 support
- Windows 8 client side support
- Office 2013 tested and some problems fixed
- .NET framework 4.5 tested
- Webdav support for iOS Pages application, Android ES file manager
- WebDav for Mac users fixed
- Disk quota support (Windows authentication version)
- Web and local folders sync (using WebDAV)
- Password for zip/unzip
- Maximum size limit and comression ration for zipping
- Color themes for user interface
- 2nd toolbar + large icons
- Shortcuts (Symbolic links) creation and support
- *.url support
- SkyDrive new API support
- Multiple files upload for IE 10 browser
- Uploaders order parameter
- OWA and SharePoint integration
- SSO examples
- New file types support for Google Docs.
- Google Drive integration
- Short URL for public links
- LibreOfffice support
- Correct Windows authentication termination in Firefox, Chrome browsers.
- Improved User Manual
- Different fixes in Java, Flash, Silverlight uploaders
- Some special symbols and long paths support for WebADav
- Different minor fixes
AJS 1.7 minor version update ( 01 March 2012)Main changes:
- Public links feature improved (Administrator or users can create links to folders that dont requires authentication. Anonymous users can view content, download or upload files)
- Video and audio files online play (in both standard and mobile UI)
- Online convertor for video files
- Mobile UI now allows to upload files from iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Upload from DropBox
- Different minor fixes
- Fixed bug in SkyDrive feature (user logon)
- Fixed bug in downloading some files at mobile UI for Adroid devices
AJS 1.6.2 minor version update ( 11 October 2011)Main changes:
- Integration with SkyDrive (Microsoft Live) - allows users to uplod/download documents and then edit via Microsoft Web Apps (Online Office). Desktop MS Office also allows to upload/download/edit documents at the SkyDrive accounts.
- Multiple images preview with slideshow
- Multiple files download to DropBox
- Fixed: Corruption of files if online editing used (Application added some wrong symbols to the end of file if modified file is less then original. MS Office can restore such files. After editing the document in version 1.6.2 file will be corrected also.)
- Fixed: If admin adds few groups with default permissions once then only one group is added.
- Google Doc viewer now supports DOCX format.
AJS 1.6.1 minor version update ( 30 August 2011)Main changes:
- Integration for Novell EDirectory
- Public links to files and folders (Users can share own files/folders without authentication needed)
- Bulk email sending. Now users can send email to whole groups
- View ZIP content and only some files extracting
- Drag-n-drop files to ZIP archive
- Opening specified folder in URL. “Default.aspx?folder=foldername”
- Folders order change at admin panel (by drag-n-drop)
- Files modifications history
- Localization files editor at Admin panel
- Minor fixes for iPad (Full version): Help window can be scrolled now.
- Fixed problem with file date modification change after any metadata changes.
AJS 1.6 minor version update ( 08 Jule 2011)Admin panel changes:
- 100% web user interface to modify application settings. Now most settings stored in the file HttpCommanderSettings.config
- Restart application button
- Improved application diagnostics. Download diagnostics output as HTML file feature
- /adminstart.aspx page with all links at one page
- In windows authentication version it is possible to specify domain name like "DomainName\Username" if multiple domains used.
- Viewing most office files via online Google Docs and Zoho services
- Download and opening of files now works at the new page (to prevent back clicks to return)
- Files Version control: the feature to check-in and check-out files and save different versions of single file. Versions of files stored to the ".Versions" subfolder inside parent folder.
- Details dialog now also shows file full size, attributes, dates, download counts. Also comments available.
- Drag-n-drop multiple files to the main interface for upload (Works in Firefox, Chrome browsers)
- Drag-n-drop files for copy and move inside main interface or inside folders tree
- Feature to save current location to "Favorites".
- Files list with pages (500 items per page be default). This makes application faster for folders with items count >500.
- Search by file details (metadata)
- Java uploader for Windows authentication version (Multiple files and folders uploading)
AJS 1.5.1 minor version update with many new features ( 19 April 2011)
New browsers support
- Application works success with new Internet Explorer 9, FireFox 4, Chrome 10. Old browsers (even IE 6) also supported
- 100% mobile interface for most smartphones and touchpads.
- Users can edit documents via desktop MS Office and OpenOffice.org application online i.e don't need to download file and then upload it back to the server.
- All documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types are supported.
- Users can map their web folders to own OS and then work with files online via Windows Explorer only like with local file system. All folders can be mapped via single URL (like "http://server/application/hcwebdav/").
- Mobile users (smartphones) also can use WebDav clients and map folder.
- Editing office documents works online i.e data will be send to the server.
- Users can view some documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types using browser via Google Doc or Zoho service.
- Users can upload files to own dropbox.com account (popular file share, sync and storage service)
- Users can upload files by typing its URL. Services like Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, DropBox offers direct links to file. FTP servers is also supported
- Administrator can look users activity logs at admin panel
- Users can get email if file modified or created by somebody
- Users can drag-n-drop files to HTTP Commander interface or select multiple files if they have FireFox or Chrome browser (70%)
- Users can sign-up, change their password and email.
- Users can view individual files thumbnails or change whole list view ("detailed" or "thumbnails").
- Fixed: Slow work if remote shares used.
AJS 1.0 major release ( 13 August 2010)
- Fully AJAX: very fast and needs small traffic: Each request/response to the server is ~1 KB size.
- "Loading" progress bar while first initialization. Then all scripts saved in browser cache and application loads quickly
- Interface is auto-resizable to any dimensions of browser window or iframe.
- Classic files uploading via Form.
- Flash multiple files uploader with images preview, progress bar and other features.
- Java multiple files and folders uploader applet. Images preview, progress bar, very large files (more than 2 GB), resumable upload features are available.
- Silverlight multiple files uploader: Flash-like uploader but supports Windows authentication. Advanced features: Resumable upload, very large files upload, Images preview, progress bar.
- Select folders and multiple files for download one by one. Resumable download is supported.
- "Zip and download" feature: auto archiving selected folders and files and download at zip file.
- Java multiple files and folders download applet. Resumable download is supported.
- IFRAME mode to embed HTTP Commander to any page of the site by one line of code. Site can be Unix or Window, PHP or ASP.NET or clear HTML.
- Open source login and logout pages. Now it is possibe to modify authentication code.
- Possibility to pass user name and password at the URL to skip authentication
- Fully collapsible tree and root folders view
- Files and folders grid view: each field can be resized, hidden or sort selected.
- Customizable toolbar with drop-down menus.
- Context menu.
- Online folders setup
- Easy interface with online help
- XML based database. Can be edited also manually at Notepad.
- Diagnostics feature: shows application identity, user folders, .NET framework installed, IIS and OS version.
- Create, copy, cut, paste, delete, rename
- View some types at the browser: images, PDF, Word documents
- Zip files and folders at server side for fast and multiple download.
- UnZip files and folders at server side for fast upload.
- Forms authentication: users need to be created at HTTP Commander database
- Windows authentication: application uses existing Windows server users or Active Directory users.
- New! Supports Forms authentication for Windows users. No Windows authentication needed.
- Possibility to disable any authentication: provides access for everybody.
- Cross browser and cross platforms interface: tested at Windows and Mac, Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+
- HTTS (SSL) supports
- Errors occured log at XML.
Previous non-AJAX version minor release ( 29 April 2010)
- Running at Windows 2003 and 2008 64-bit tested.
- Application requires .NET 2.0 or 3.5
- IIS 7.5 tested.
- Flash uploader now supports all browsers and SSL.
- Web.config by default supports IIS 7 and 7.5.
- Standard and for Windows Users (Active Directory version) now diffes only at web.config files. All code and documentation is common. Any version can be changed to another by replacing web.config file. Default web.config files included to Default_Web.configs/ folder.
- Bug: Response 401 while logout at Standard version. Now it returns 200 OK.
- Bug fixed: Error while download of files with some regional specific symbols.
- Bug while file download at the search window.
- Bug "Page cannon be displayed" while folders setup of admin panel if not anought permissions set.
- Wrong count of delimiter symbols "|" nor impossible to add at admin panel while folders edit.
- Built-in ASP.NET upload class now used instead of our upload control. Starting .NET 2.0 it supports up to 2 GB files without memory leak.
- Error 401 now returned while logout (Windows users version) to terminate Windows authentication. So user don't need to close his browser to terminate Windows authentication
- New Documentation. All files and sections at the single window.
- Personal version discontinued.
- License types now based on users count.
- Prices for Standard and Windows users version are the same.