AJS 1.7 minor version update (latest built 01.03.2012)
- Public links feature improved (Administrator or users can create links to folders that dont requires authentication. Anonymous users can view content, download or upload files)
- Video and audio files online play (in both standard and mobile UI)
- Online convertor for video files
- Mobile UI now allows to upload files from iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Upload from DropBox
- Fixed bug in SkyDrive feature
- Fixed bug with download some files at mobile version for Adroid devices
- Different minor fixes
AJS 1.6.1 minor version update (latest built 30.08.2011)
- Integration for Novell EDirectory
- Public links to files and folders (Users can share own files/folders without authentication needed)
- Bulk email sending. Now users can send email to whole groups
- View ZIP content and only some files extracting
- Drag-n-drop files to ZIP archive
- Opening specified folder in URL. "Default.aspx?folder=foldername"
- Folders order change at admin panel (by drag-n-drop)
- Files modifications history
- Localization files editor at Admin panel
- Minor fixes for iPad (Full version): Help window can be scrolled now.
- Fixed problem with file date modification change after any metadata changes.
AJS 1.6 minor version update (latest built 08.07.2011)
Admin panel changes:
Mobile version changes:
- 100% web user interface to modify application settings. Now most settings stored in the file HttpCommanderSettings.config
- Restart application button
- Improved application diagnostics. Download diagnostics output as HTML file feature
- /adminstart.aspx page with all links at one page
- In windows authentication version it is possible to specify domain name like "DomainName\Username" if multiple domains used.
Main interface changes:
- Viewing most office files via online Google Docs and Zoho services
- Download and opening of files now works at the new page (to prevent back clicks to return)
- Files Version control: the feature to check-in and check-out files and save different versions of single file. Versions of files stored to the ".Versions" subfolder inside parent folder.
- Details dialog now also shows file full size, attributes, dates, download counts. Also comments available.
- Drag-n-drop multiple files to the main interface for upload (Works in Firefox, Chrome browsers)
- Drag-n-drop files for copy and move inside main interface or inside folders tree
- Feature to save current location to "Favorites".
- Files list with pages (500 items per page be default). This makes application faster for folders with items count >500.
- Search by file details (metadata)
- Java uploader for Windows authentication version (Multiple files and folders uploading)
AJS 1.5.1 minor version update with many new features (latest built 19.04.2011)
New browsers support
Mobile version for smartphones and touchpads
- Application works success with new Internet Explorer 9, FireFox 4, Chrome 10. Old browsers (even IE 6) also supported
Integration with MS Office and OpenOffice.org
- 100% mobile interface for most smartphones and touchpads.
- Users can edit documents via desktop MS Office and OpenOffice.org application online i.e don't need to download file and then upload it back to the server.
- All documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types are supported.
Integration with Google Doc and Zoho online documents store and edit services
- Users can map their web folders to own OS and then work with files online via Windows Explorer only like with local file system.
All folders can be mapped via single URL (like "http://server/application/hcwebdav/").
- Mobile users (smartphones) also can use WebDav clients and map folder.
- Editing office documents works online i.e data will be send to the server.
Integration with DropBox.com
- Users can view some documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types using browser via Google Doc or Zoho service.
Uploading from URL to the server (files can be stored at ftp, http servers, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket and other sites)
- Users can upload files to own dropbox.com account (popular file share, sync and storage service)
- Users can upload files by typing its URL. Services like Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, DropBox offers direct links to file. FTP servers is also supported
Email notification feature
- Administrator can look users activity logs at admin panel
Drag-n-drop and multiple files uploading for FireFox and Chrome browsers without extra plugins
- Users can get email if file modified or created by somebody
Users self registration
- Users can drag-n-drop files to HTTP Commander interface or select multiple files if they have FireFox or Chrome browser (70%)
- Users can sign-up, change their password and email.
- Users can view individual files thumbnails or change whole list view ("detailed" or "thumbnails").
- Fixed: Slow work if remote shares used.
AJS 1.0 major release (latest built 13.08.2010)
Multiple files and folders uploaders:
- Fully AJAX: very fast and needs small traffic: Each request/response to the server is ~1 KB size.
- "Loading" progress bar while first initialization. Then all scripts saved in browser cache and application loads quickly
- Interface is auto-resizable to any dimensions of browser window or iframe.
Files and folders download features:
- Classic files uploading via Form.
- Flash multiple files uploader with images preview, progress bar and other features.
- Java multiple files and folders uploader applet. Images preview, progress bar, very large files (more than 2 GB), resumable upload features are available.
- Silverlight multiple files uploader: Flash-like uploader but supports Windows authentication. Advanced features: Resumable upload, very large files upload, Images preview, progress bar.
Integration to any site and CMS:
- Select folders and multiple files for download one by one. Resumable download is supported.
- "Zip and download" feature: auto archiving selected folders and files and download at zip file.
- Java multiple files and folders download applet. Resumable download is supported.
New main interface:
- IFRAME mode to embed HTTP Commander to any page of the site by one line of code. Site can be Unix or Window, PHP or ASP.NET or clear HTML.
- Open source login and logout pages. Now it is possibe to modify authentication code.
- Possibility to pass user name and password at the URL to skip authentication
New admin panel:
- Fully collapsible tree and root folders view
- Files and folders grid view: each field can be resized, hidden or sort selected.
- Customizable toolbar with drop-down menus.
- Context menu.
Main files and folders actions:
- Online folders setup
- Easy interface with online help
- XML based database. Can be edited also manually at Notepad.
- Diagnostics feature: shows application identity, user folders, .NET framework installed, IIS and OS version.
Forms and Windows authentication:
- Create, copy, cut, paste, delete, rename
- View some types at the browser: images, PDF, Word documents
- Zip files and folders at server side for fast and multiple download.
- UnZip files and folders at server side for fast upload.
- Forms authentication: users need to be created at HTTP Commander database
- Windows authentication: application uses existing Windows server users or Active Directory users.
- New! Supports Forms authentication for Windows users. No Windows authentication needed.
- Possibility to disable any authentication: provides access for everybody.
- Cross browser and cross platforms interface: tested at Windows and Mac, Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac),
Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+
- HTTS (SSL) supports
- Errors occured log at XML.
Previous non-AJAX version minor release (latest built 29.04.2010)
- Running at Windows 2003 and 2008 64-bit tested.
- Application requires .NET 2.0 or 3.5
- IIS 7.5 tested.
- Flash uploader now supports all browsers and SSL.
- Web.config by default supports IIS 7 and 7.5.
- Standard and for Windows Users (Active Directory version) now diffes only at web.config files. All code and documentation is common. Any version can be changed to another by replacing web.config file. Default web.config files included to Default_Web.configs/ folder.
- Bug: Response 401 while logout at Standard version. Now it returns 200 OK.
- Bug fixed: Error while download of files with some regional specific symbols.
- Bug while file download at the search window.
Bug "Page cannon be displayed" while folders setup of admin panel if not anought permissions set.
- Wrong count of delimiter symbols "|" nor impossible to add at admin panel while folders edit.
- Built-in ASP.NET upload class now used instead of our upload control. Starting .NET 2.0 it supports up to 2 GB files without memory leak.
- Error 401 now returned while logout (Windows users version) to terminate Windows authentication. So user don't need to close his browser to terminate Windows authentication
- New Documentation. All files and sections at the single window.
- Personal version discontinued.
- License types now based on users count.
- Prices for Standard and Windows users version are the same.