What is HTTP Commander?
HTTP Commander is a web based file management solution. Provides a basic functionality for working with files (create, copy, delete, etc.), and many additional features such as integration with cloud services, editing Office documents online directly in your browser, tags, comments, and more.
Ideal for integration into an existing Active Directory structure, since You can use your existing users base, the existing network shares and NTFS permissions.
It can also be used without the AD, users can register themselves, administrators can manage users directly within the application.
Here are some problems solved by HTTP Commander :
- You have existing files in your internal network and you need to provide users with ability to access them externally in a simple and secure way without installation of additional software on client side and keep files physically in your internal network.
- You need to organize simple and secure way for folders/files management for your users with ability to set different permissions for different users/groups.
- You need to allow users edit office documents directly in browser without installation of additional software.
We offer on-Premises and Cloud hosted licenses for HTTP Commander:
- On-Premises is hosted on your own server. Great choice if you already have Windows server or if Http Commander should be installed inside your internal network. You pay for the license once and there are no recurring payments.
- Hosted in the Cloud is hosted on our servers. You will have your own Cloud storage! Easy to start : You don’t need to worry about the configuring server and installing of the application, we shall do everything for you. You still will have full control over your virtual server.
Why HTTP Commander?
User-friendly UIFamiliar and user-friendly Windows Explorer-like interface
Edit Office documentsEdit office documents
using online document editors or
in well-known desktop MS Office applications.
WebDAVSupport of WebDAV protocol allows to
map shared folders as a network drives.
Easy AD integrationFast and transparent integration with existing Active Directory infrastructure. Support of Windows authentication and ADFS.
SecureAll user activities are stored and can be analyzed by administrator.
Comfortable admin panelAdmin panel allows to manage almost anything : settings, folders, users, groups and more...
For whom is this application designed
HTTP Commander is a convenient tool to provide access to files from anywhere.
For Educational organisations
- Teachers – teachers can share files for homework, they can use Labels and Comments to grade students works.
- Students – Access to files from everywhere : classroom, own cellphone or home laptop.
- AD integration – all users and groups are managed in central place - existing Active Directory.
For organizations with existing Active Directory structure
Transparent integration with existing Active Directory
AD users – HTTP Commander will use existing AD users store for authentication. Additionally it reads information about users groups membership and home folder.
Network shares - Usage of existing network shares.
NTFS permissions – HTTP Commander works under logged in user identity therefore existing NTFS permissions on folders are respected.
Version for other customers
Create and manage users/groups directly in HTTP Commander or allow them to register
Fast and easy installation – No Database required.
Access to corporate files from everywhere – Only browser is required to work with HTTP Commander from any device.
Element-IT company has been dealing with web development since 2002 and many well-known companies trust us.