HTTP Commander - web file manager
Active Directory version for educational institutions and other organizations
Windows authentication version is "must have" for educational institutions and other organizations using the Active Directory structure to provide remote access for students and staff to folders shared on the network. Users can manage shared files and edit Office documents inside an Intranet or from their home (via the Internet) and can use their home or work PC, Macintosh or a mobile device like the iPad, iPhone, Android based smartphone, etc. It can be used as a standalone application or integrated to an existing portal. Basic or NTLM authentication is used
HTTP Commander unique features:
Installation and configuration within 10 minutes.
No SQL server required, single ASP.NET application for administration and main UI.
300+ file formats can be open or edited online using just a browser.
Documents, spreadsheets, images, video, audio. See full list
Integration with desktop versions of Microsoft Office and free OpenOffice.org
Web file manager allows users to use desktop Office applications for online editing. User does not need to download documents and upload them back to the server after editing - It works automatically (owing to WebDAV technology). File locking while editing feature is supported.
- Integration with SkyDrive (Microsoft Live) *new in v1.6.2
Allows users to upload/download files from HTTP Commander to their own SkyDrive account. SkyDrive has rich integration with desktop MS Office and Office Web Apps. Users can edit their files online using their desktop Office application or directly just using their browser.
Integration with Google Drive (Google Docs) and Zoho online services.
These free online services allow the user to view and edit most document and image formats and store them. Upload/download to a Google Drive/Docs account is also available.
Integration with Pixlr, Picasa and Flickr services -online image edit and sharing.
Users can edit image files on the server and upload/download to their own image sharing account.
Integration with DropBox.com - a popular file sharing, sync and store cloud service.
Users can upload/download to their own DropBox.com account.
Mapping web folders is possible (WebDav)
Web folder mapping is the functionality that allows users to map a web folder to the file system on their local computer (WebDav). The files and folders on the web interface are visible on their local computer as ‘local’ files and folders and be viewed and edited as if they were local files and folders.
Supports Mobile Devices: TouchPad (Web tablet PCs), Smartphones.
No double or right mouse-clicking required in web interface. Smartphones users have a mobile interface.
Mobile applications for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android
Users can download and install the special HTTP Commander mobile application and remotely connect to the folders on the server and perform some file actions. The application for iOS can be downloaded at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/http-commander/id561413475?mt=8. Android users can download it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elementit.httpcommander
- Integration to any site: Unix, Windows, any CMS IFRAME view demo or Main demo
- Integration with existing CMS users database (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress samples already included) Details
- Forms and Windows (Active Directory) authentication or no authentication support
- Multiple files and folders uploaders with resumable and very large file size support.
- Multiple files and folders download (resumable)
- Flash uploader MultiPowUpload 3.4
- Java file upload applet JavaPowUpload 2.2.1
- Silverlgiht files uploader Ultimate Uploader 1.6.1
- ActiveX multiple files uploader ActiveXPowUpload 1.2
These are easy client-side solutions that can be used to perform multiple file upload from a user machine to the web server. MultiPowUpload is Flash based file uploader, JavaPowUpload Java applet supports multiple folders upload and download
Look the comparison table...
- 12/5/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.10 release
- 7/2/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.5 release
- 6/14/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.4 release
- 5/6/2013 MultiPowUpload 3.4.2 minor release
- 5/6/2013 Ultimate Uploader v 1.6.2 minor release
- 4/19/2013 JavaPowUpload 2.2.2 minor release
- 1/18/2013 HTTP Commander v 2.0.3 release
- 2/25/2013 JavaPowUpload 2.2.1 minor release