HTTP Commander features list
- Basic files/folders management operations: creation, copying, deleting, renaming, move, search, view
- Familiar and user-friendly Windows Explorer-like interface.
- Folders navigation with a tree and list or thumbnails view.
- Multiple items selection. You can select the files and directories you need with the CTRL and SHIFT Keys
- Automatic highlight and select of typed items in folder when you type first letters of file/foldername.
- Highlight new and
modified files. New and recently modified files marked with special icons.
- Configurable toolbars. Configurable size, order and presence of toolbar items.
- Customizable logo. Place your own logo on toolbar and login page.
- Several built in themes.
- Special user interface for mobile devices (ios, android, windows phone, etc).
- Multilingual and customizable interface. (30+ languages included)
- Sharing documents
and folders between the users.
- Publicly sharing files and
folders with possibility to set advanced settings.
Password protection, expiration date configuration, notifications about activities for public shares.
- Download with support of resumption. Drag and drop download.
- Downloads counting
- Many opportunities to upload files and folders
- Drag and drop files/folders, upload of large files (>2GB)
- Custom upload form fields.
- Paste an image from the clipboard. Take a screeenshot and easily upload it to a server.
- Zip/UnZip files and folders, "Zip and download" feature
- Unicode support for Zip archives.
Allows to associate additional information with files/folders.
- Favorites. Add folders to favorites list for fast access.
- CloudConvert service support. Allows to convert files online from/to various formats.
- Version control
- Advanced search options. Search by file/folder name, by metadata (comments and labels), by file content (simple text files)
Office documents and WebDav
- Viewing Office documents online without special configuration and third party software installation.
Supported services: Google viewer,
Microsoft Office Web Applications viewer,
- Editing Office documents online in
MS Office Online,
MS Office 365 or in
- Open Office documents in desktop MS Office directly from browser (without download/upload).
- Collaborate work in MS Office
- Supporting desktop OpenOffice / Libreoffice
- MSOFBA protocol support. Allows to store credentials in Microsoft Office for several days . Users will need to enter login and password only once per several days .
- Integration with cloud storages:
- Integration with Microsoft Office 365.
- Supporting mapping web folders and WebDAV.
- Supporting synchronization of HTTP Commander folder with a folder on your local computer.
Images, video and other viewers
- View documents in Autodesk online, in
- Viewing pictures online
- Edit images online in
- Online video and audio files play.
- Support of existing NTFS permissions on folders and files.
- Windows integrated, basic authentication support.
- Integration with Active Directory: Users, groups, home folders, password expiration reminder
- Access Based Enumeration (ABE) support
- Quotas support
- Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) support
- Two Factor authentication support . DUO security supported.
- Comfortable Admin Panel
- Support of local and remote folders (UNC server paths like \\servername\folder).
- Configurable permission on folders for users or groups. (List, Modify, Upload, Zip, Unzip, Download, etc.)
- Placeholders for folder path allows to easily share folders with username/groupname in folder path.
- Compatible with SSL (HTTPS)
- Events logging
- Configurable email notifications.
- Antivirus scanning support
- Users self register . Account activation.
- Subadmins functionality allows to delegate some of administrative privileges to other users, independed subadmins feature allows to isolate users/groups and folders managed by different subadmins.
- Easy XML database and configuration file.
- No database installation required.
- Installation on-premises or on hosting.
- Most known browsers supported. Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+ core.