10 years experience in web file management
and multiple file upload solutions
For educational institutions:
"We have been using HTTP Commander for about 6-years in our K-12 school district. It is easy to manage and provides a great experience for our end-users to access their locally hosted files from anywhere via web access."John(McMillen), Chief Information Officer, Graves County Schools
Some special features for educational organizations:
- Integration with Active Directory and Novell eDirectory users.
- Windows Basic or NTLM authentication is used: there is no any extra database of users.
- Can be integrated with existing SharePoint portal or Outlook web access (OWA)
- The application supports different operating systems: PC, Linux, Mac and mobile devices (smartphones, tablet computers).
- Viewing and editing Office documents online using only browser.
- Editing documents using desktop MS office or Openoffice.org directly on a server (a user has no need to download or upload a file).
- Mailing with attachments for particular users or groups.
- User password changing and reminding about its expiration date.
- Mapping folders to local Windows OS (WebDav)
- Integration with Microsoft SkyDrive (sharing files and online editing of office documents).
- Integration with DropBox (popular free file sharing service).
- Integration with Google Doc and Zoho (sharing and online editing of office documents, pdf, and images).
- Possibility for users to share folder/files on their own for third party anonymous access (viewing, upload, and download).