What is Ultimate Uploader
Ultimate Uploader is a powerful
multiple file upload component based on Microsoft Silverlight
technology and intended for create new or integration
into existing web solutions for the purpose of fast creation of application providing
easy and convenient uploading multiple files on a server through Internet from a
The control is provided in three variants:
- Control for ASP.NET. This kind of the control is intended for integration
in ASP.NET applications. It incapsulates Silverlight module in itself and can be
placed on ASP.NET web page and customized from Visual Studio designer.
- Control for PHP/HTML. This modification is intended for
simply solutions or non-Microsoft server environments and requires PHP, ASP.NET or
any other environment on the server side.
- Multiple uploading of files of any size with multiple or all files selection.
- Possibility to resume broken uploads at any time from point on which it has been
- Rich progress and status information during the
- Possibility to cancel or pause/resume uploading at any time.
- Possibility to set additional information transferred with files on a server, as
programmatically, and the user for each file.
- Parallel uploading for achievement of the maximum resultant speed of uploading
- Possibility to filter file types allowed for uploading.
- Possibility to limit size and count of files allowed for uploading.
- Resize JPEG images before uploading with set size and quality of definitive
- Display image thumbnails and uploading thumbnails of the specified size with
- Customizable appearance with possibility to set size, colors and font of
control, and replace all interface text strings and images.
- Compatibility with SSL (HTTPS) and any kind of authentication.
Any web server with ASP.NET, PHP or other server technology. For operation with
Silverlight modules on the web server following MIME types should be registered:
- Windows. Windows 2000 or later, Internet Explorer 6 or above, Firefox 1.5
or above, Google Chrome.
- Mac. OS X 10.4.8 or later (provided they have Intel hardware) with
Firefox 1.5+ or Safari.
- Linux, FreeBSD or Solaris. Unix/X11 based operating systems
implementation of Silverlight (known as Moonlight) is being developed by Novell,
current list of supported platforms and operating systems
The Silverlight runtime environment (web browser plugin) will be automatically
suggested for installation at the first opening of page.