25 Feb 2019
HTTP Commander 5.0.3 minor version update
- (new) Added the ability to specify a friendly URL path for public links (parameter PublicLinkUrlPathName) Now you will see more user friendly link. Like http://domain.com/path/public/?id=67389 instead of /Handlers/AnonymousDownload.ashx
- (new) Updated third party libraries: ExtJs to 6.7.0, Auth0 API to 5.11.0, BoxV2 API to 3.12.0, Microsoft Graph APIs to 1.13.0, Google APIs to 1.38.0, Newtonsoft.Json to 12.0.1, ACE Code Editor to 1.4.2, Auth0 LockJs to 11.12.1, Dropbox API to 4.9.3, Autodesk to 1.5.1
- (fix) Fixed getting user display name for UI, Description
- (fix) Fixed detection of user groups membership in the Windows version
- (fix) Fixed checks for DomainName parameter
- (fix) Fixed ignored relative folder path on chunked upload
- (fix) Fixed path value for AntivirusScannerPath property
- (fix) Fixed editing images in Pixlr and Adobe Creative Cloud (Aviary)
- (fix) Fixed column filtes for Logs tab in Admin Panel
- (fix) Fixed non-clickable leaf checkboxes in cloud storages upload/download windows
20 Nov 2018
HTTP Commander 5.0.2 minor version update
- (new) Added the ability to show the 'Alerts' tab in the Details Panel at the right side (hidden setting 'HowToDisplayAlertsTabOnDetailsPane' in the UI section)
- (new) Replaced 'Unknown file type' to '<EXTENSION_UPPER_CASE> File' for 'Type' column in file list
- (new) Added protection against the file corruption when saving Accounts, Folders, etc..
- (new) Added possibility to display the root folder description on the Details Pane at the right side
- (new) Added new parameter 'ViewFolderDescriptionInTree' to configure the place of the description of the folder in the tree (Above/Below the folder name or only in the tooltip)
- (new) Updated FileTypes.xml: added 3gp, 3g2 file types
- (new) Updated third party libraries: Dropbox API to 4.9.2, Google APIs to 1.36.1, Microsoft.Graph API library for OneDrive to 1.12.0, BouncyCastle.Crypto to 1.8.4 (see Manual/Update.html)
- (fix) Fixed display 'combox' field for the list of folders in the folder properties window (in Admin Panel) if the AllowedFoldersPaths and ListAllowedFoldersPaths parameters are configured
- (fix) Fixed deletion of files from the Cloud Disk after editing them (OneDrive, Office365, Google Drive)
- (fix) Fixed behavior when EnableOffice365Editor=true and EnableMsOfficeOnlineEditor=false
- (fix) Fixed impersonation when flow across asynchronous points for cloud handlers (OneDrive, Dropbox, Box)
- (fix) Fixed empty subfolders in mapped WebDAV root folder if enabled AnonymousEditingOffice
- (fix) Fixed getting the list of folders for a drive letter if the AllowedFoldersPaths is specified and long path support is enabled (EnableSupportLongPaths=true)
- (fix) Fixed Google TFA login in Mobile Applications
- (fix) Fixed display field with quick search by content if disabled search by content
- (fix) Fixed remove users/groups from tables in Admin Permissions tab
9 Oct 2018
HTTP Commander 5.0.1 minor version update
- (new) Added opening of ZIP archives by double-clicking ('Zip Content')
- (new) Added X-Forwarded-For header check for IP address detection (for login events)
- (new) Added validation for parameters with HTML markup (LogoHeaderHtml, WelcomeWindowMessage, etc..)
- (new) Added hidden parameter EnableDragNDrop (in UI section) to enable (by default) or disable drag'n'drop support of copy/move operations (etc.) between folders in the list/tree
- (new) Updated third party libraries: SQLite to 220.127.116.11, Google APIs to 1.35.2, Poppler to 0.68 (for PDF thumbnails), Autodesk.Forge to 1.4.0, RestSharp to 106.4.2 (see Manual/Update.html)
- (fix) Fixed view thumbnails for EPUB files
- (fix) Fixed save advanced properties in Details Pane
- (fix) Fixed create/navigate shortcuts (.lnk) if enabled long path support
- (fix) Fixed view comments, labels on public file/folder page. Fixed view dates for comments, labels, details in main UI
- (fix) Fixed crash on start a second ASP.NET application on the same pool if enabled long path support (EnableSupportLongPaths parameter in Main section).
- (fix) Fixed view Flash Movies (.swf files) in Chrome and Safari browsers
- (fix) Fixed view legend in Public link window (and other) for Safari 11+
- (fix) Added support drag'n'drop upload folders for Safari 11.1+
- (fix) Fixed visiblility of the 'Folders' button on the toolbar if the Tree with folders is disabled (TreeView=Disabled)
9 Oct 2018
HTTP Commander 4.6.6 minor version update
- (fix) Fixed automatic upgrade to the new version (5+)
- (fix) Fixed Shibboleth Module for v3
- Updated Dropbox API library to 4.9.0, SQLite SDK to 18.104.22.168, LightGallery to 1.6.11, ACE Code Editor to 1.4.1, Poppler to 0.68 (for PDF thumbnails)
21 Sept 2018
HTTP Commander 5.0.0 major version update (21 Sept 2018)
- We moved from outdated ExtJS 3.x framework to latest ExtJS 6.x with better support of modern browsers and their features.
Client side UI re-written from scratch. We kept main UI concepts untouched, so users would not need to get used to new UI.
At the same time we improved and optimized a lot of features and UI parts:
- We simplified Upload window. Now user should not choose between different types of uploaders, HTTP Commander will automatically use best upload method available for current browser. Flash, Java and Silverlight uploaders are removed as outdated and unsupported by most of the browsers.
- File properties window now contain tabs with all related data to file/folder : Comments, History, Public Links, etc
- Public link window have UI with tabs.
- New themes
- And more
Migrated to .NET Framework 4.7.2, dropped support Windows 2003, 2008 (not R2), Vista, IE 10 and below.
Now system requirements are: Server 2008 R2 SP1 and later, IIS7.5 and later, .NET Framework 4.7.2 or above.
- (new) Added experimental support for long paths (see advanced parameter EnableSupportLongPaths in Main section)
- Google URL shortening service is retired. Now we use Firebase Dynamic Links.
- (fix) Dropped support Version Control feature (check-in, check-out)
- (new) Migrated to new Microsoft.Graph API (for upload/download/edit in OneDrive and Office 365 (OneDrive for Business))
- (new) Migrated to Google Drive API v3 (for upload/download/edit in Google Drive)
- (new) Updated third party libraries: SQLite SDK to 22.214.171.124, Dropbox.Api to 4.9.0, Box.V2 to 3.9.3, Auth0 APIs to 5.10.0, Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs to 4.1.1, WindowsAPICodePack to 126.96.36.199, Autodesk Forge to 1.3.0, ACE Code Editor to 1.4.1 and LightGallery to 1.6.11
- (new) Added Google Authenticator as Two Factor auth provider.
- (new) Added LoginAttempt event for logging (see Main/LogEvents parameter)
- (new) On send emails added real sender for "Reply"
- (fix) Fixed keep Auth0 groups when pool recycled
- (fix) Fixed Shibboleth Module for v3
- (new) Migrated Google Analytics ga script to analytics script (parameters GoogleAnalyticsWebPropertyID and GoogleAnalyticsLoginUsersDimensionIndex)
- (fix) Fixed auto-upgrade to feature versions
11 May 2018
HTTP Commander 4.6.5 minor version update
Fixed security issue of the WebDAV library.
To apply fix without upgrade to the latest version perform following steps:
- Download zip archive with fixed library for appropriate build of HTTP Commander: for versions 3.0-4.5.3, for versions 4.5.3-4.6.3
- Open IIS management console, navigate to application pools section and stop the application pool of the HTTP Commander applicaiton.
- Make backup copy of the /bin folder of the HTTP Commander.
- Copy dll files from the downloaded zip archive into /bin folder of HTTP Commander.
- Start application pool.
- (fix) Migrated from Google URL Shortener to Google Firebase Dynamic Links for create short links for public links.
- (fix) Fixed saving the document after editing in Microsoft Office 365.
- (fix) Fixed issue with resolve of DNS/NetBios domain and user/group names. This issue caused in soem cases problems with getting info (user home folder, groups) from AD.
- (fix) Fixed availability of context menu items when DoubleClickAction='Select'.
- (fix) Improved performance.
- (fix) Fixed refresh file list after close LightGallery.
- (fix) The menu items for creating new documents in cloud services are hidden if the folder does not have the download permissions.
(fix) Fixed issues with auto-upgrade to feature versions (5+).
Version 4.6.5 or later should used to perform automatic upgrade to version 5.0 from admin panel.
- (new) The use of the template %USERNAME_SUBSTRN_L% (and %GROUPNAME_SUBSTRN_L%) is extended to use the substring to the end of the name.
- (fix) Ready to use the .NET Framework 4.5 and above (httpRuntime/targetFramework in Web.config file).
- (new) Updated third party libraries: Dropbox.Api to 4.8.0, Newtonsoft.Json to 11.0.2, SQLite to 1.0.108, Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs to 4.1.1, ACE Code Editor to 1.3.3 and LightGallery to 1.6.10.
9 Feb 2018
HTTP Commander 4.6.3 minor version update
Fixed issue with not working DropBox integration. To fix this issue without upgrade perform following steps:
- Open /scripts/main.js and /Scripts/mobile/st2/app.js file in a text editor.
- Search for new Dropbox(
- Replace it with new Dropbox.Dropbox(
- Save both files.
- (fix) Fixed problem with the Dropbox cloud service in Internet Explorer
- (fix) Fixed 'Uncaught TypeError: Dropbox is not a constructor' on download to / upload from Dropbox cloud
- (fix) Fixed display of the user name in the log list for the 'Login' event
- (new) Visibility of items 'Change Password', 'Change Email' in the menu 'Settings' now depends on the corresponding settings 'EnableChangePassword', 'EnableChangeEmail'
- (fix) Fixed issue with not working option "Nothing" for DoubleClickAction setting
- (fix) Fixed issue with "download all" button in Downlopad Window in IE when folder selected for download.
- (new) For Standard Seach by metadata (details), a search is also added for the fields specified in DetailsFields
- (fix) Fixed issue with data.db SQLite with UNC path (if DataFolderPath is of the form \\network\share)
- (fix) Disabled session inactivity timeout on long upload big files
- (fix) Replaced yoursite.com to localhost in logo header html setting
- (fix) Fixed error on show details window for non-NTFS folders
- (update) Updated code sign certificate, Java applets signed with new code sign certificate.
- (update) Updated third party libraries: SQLite to 1.0.107, Dropbox.Api to 4.7.0, ACE Code Editor to 1.3.0 and LightGallery to 1.6.6
14 November 2017
HTTP Commander 4.6.2 minor version update
- (fix) Fixed issue ("LiveConnect session not created" error message) with OneDrive integration (Live SDK API) for newly registered users in Microsoft Dev Console. Appropriate section of the docummentation (Manual/CloudsStorages.html#onedrive) is updated
- (fix) Fixed public link expire date increased on each save
- (fix) Fixed incorrect date format in public link email template and public link page
- (new) Added new actions for double click: show public link window or show window and automatically create new public link
- (update) Updated third party libraries: Auth0 to 2.1.1, EntityFramework to 6.2.0, SQLite to 1.0.106, ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib to 0.86.5.1
- (update) Updated LigthGallery (for view images) to 1.6.3 version and ACE editor to 1.2.9 version
9 Oct 2017
HTTP Commander 4.6.1 minor version update
- (fix) The editing option in ONLYOFFICE is disabled by default, because Document Server installation is required now.
- (fix) The problem of the incorrect public link password has been fixed. Problem reproduced when public link is saved again right after creation without closing the window and without change of the password.
(fix) Fixed issue with mobile UI in Android 8. Loading hangs on "Loading web files access" screen .
Below are the steps to fix the problem in earlier versions of HTTP Commander:
- Navigate to the HTCOMENT/Scripts/mobile/st2/ folder
- Make a backup copy of app.js file.
- Open app.js file in a text editor
- Search for if(p.match(/OPR/))
- and replace with if(k!=="ChromeMobile"&&p.match(/OPR/))
- Save app.js file, clear browser cache and test on mobile device.
- (fix) Fixed ffprobe obtaining duration of video for receiving a thumbnail
- (fix) Fixed issue with rename in detailed view when name column is hidden or not at zero index in the columns list.
29 August 2017
HTTP Commander 4.6.0 minor version update
- (new) Added support Auth0 SSO & Token Based Authentication (see Manual/auth0.html)
- (new) Added support for editing office documents (including collaborative editing) with ONLYOFFICE
- (new) Added ability to view thumbnails of video, audio (album cover), PDF, exe, MS Office, OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice files (And additional settings for the thumbnails in the 'Thumbnails' section)
- (new) New image viewer for pictures (and HTML5 videos) preview used in user interface (see UI/ImageViewer parameter, now LightGallery used by default)
- (new) Added EPUB e-book reader (parameter Office/EnableEBookReader)
- (new) Added DjVu Viewer (parameter Office/EnableDjVuViewer)
- (new) For users, it is possible to select the default action by double clicking on each file type (if the parameter DoubleClickAction is set to "Choose")
- (new) Added the ability to use custom login pages (with examples in manual), using authentication with POST requests (only for Forms version)
- (new) Added possibility to disable WebDAV mapping (and editing in Office) in folder properties for users/groups (with new permission checkbox 'WebDAV')
- (new) Added the ability to preview images by clicking on the thumbnail in the Details Pane on right side
- (new) Added the ability to select multiple files in the list (or thumbnails view mode) with the mouse (drag selection)
- (new) Added the ability to use email templates when sending public links. See Manual/Branding.html#publicemailbranding
- (new) Added Chrome extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/emiplbkkiabideffmpogkbbogkmofgph) for download multiply files with restoring folder structure
- (new) Added the ability for administrators to unlock files locked by other users when editing by the WebDAV client (MS Office, OpenOffice, LibreOffice)
- (new) Added the ability to see who locked the file when editing by the WebDAV client (parameter UI/ShowUserNameWhenLockedByWebdavClient)
- (new) More user-friendly error messages when changing the password by the user
- (new) Added the ability to display the expiration date of a link on the public links page (see PublicLinks/ShowExpirationDateForPublicLink parameter)
- (new) Added size field for log events (with downloaded/uploaded/... file sizes)
- (new) Add support %USEREMAIL% and %USERID% (Auth0 Identifier or SID for Windows users) pattern for folder path
- (new) Added use of the new Box View API. Now you can view even more file extensions
- (fix) The problem of the incorrect public link password has been fixed, if it is changed without closing the window
- (fix) Fixed error when view in Autodesk
- (fix) Added columns 'customField' to the grids with folders/users/groups in the Admin Panel, if the 'ShowAdminPanelCustomFields' is enabled
- (fix) Fixed error 'Conversion utility terminate abnormally', if during video conversion, DAR is not defined (Display Aspect Ratio = 0), or Bitrate is negative
- (fix) The installer has been fixed if there are no sites in IIS
- (fix) Fixed behavior when counting downloads of public links
- (fix) The correct filtering (on the server side) was done when viewing events in Alerts (Watch for modifications) and in the Admin Panel (Logs)
- (fix) Fixed incorrect behavior when expanding first tree node at login, if it's specified TreeView=NotAutoExpandable and AutoOpenFirstFolder=true
- (fix) Java applets signed with new sign algorithm to make them compatible with Java 8 u131
- (fix) Fixed view date format in Details Pane on right side
- (fix) Fixed error on save documents in Zoho
- (fix) Fixed incorrect display of file size > 2Gb in WebDAV folders
2 May 2017
HTTP Commander 4.5.2 minor version update
- (fix) Fixed issue with upload from cloud storages (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Office365) to the HTTP Commander folder (only when it was added to the HTTP Commander as a network folder).
23 March 2017
HTTP Commander 4.5.1 minor version update
- (new) Added the ability to upload files over 2GB on the Drag'N'Drop uploader tab
- (new) Added support for uploading folders in Firefox 45+ on the 'Standrad' tab
- (new) Updated third party library Dropbox.Api to 4.2.4 version
- (new) Updated third party library Newtonsoft.Json to 10.0.1 version
- (fix) Fixed a problem with chunked upload in the latest versions of Firefox 52+
- (fix) Fixed freezing of the Drag'N'Drop uploader interface when uploading a large number of files in Firefox, Edge
- (fix) Fixed background cleaning of the Recycle Bin
- (fix) Fixed resetting the field for chunked upload (> 2Gb) on the Standard tab, when the Upload window is closed
- (fix) Fixed Drag'N'Drop folder uploading in Microsoft Edge
- (fix) Fixed folder highlighting in Thumbnails mode when Drag'N'Drop for upload
10 March 2017
HTTP Commander 4.5.0 minor version update
- (new) Added details pane on the right of the file list. It contain extended properties info about selected file or folder; description, readme.txt content for folder; an opportunity to change the main properties (Title, Subject, Tags, Category, Comments, Authors) for files
- (new) Added Trash feature. Move deleted files, folders to the Recycle Bin (see the "Trash" section in the AdminPanel Settings tab)
- (new) Added Recents feature (when files created, viewed, edited, downloaded, uploaded).
- (new) Added feature 'Copy to...' ( 'Move to...', 'Unzip to...'): select the folder in the dialog box, which will be copied (moved, unpacked) the selected files (see setting CopyMoveToDisplayMode in UI group)
- (new) Added possibility to watch for modifications on files, folders for users, with notification by email (parameter AllowUsersWatchModifications in UI section)
- (new) Added tab 'Upgrade' to Admin Panel for backup, download and install new version of HTTP Commander
- (new) Addes support of Windows Search Service for search files/folders and contents in files (full-text search) (see Manual\WindowsSearch.html), added quick seach field in grid header
- (new) Added possibility to view public links shared for current user (including links he opened in browser)
- (new) Added possibility to limit access to public links for specified users
- (new) Added possibility to open Public Links in main files grid from tree (new item 'Shared by link' in tree)
- (new) Added 2-factor authentication support. DUO security auth provider added.
- (new) Changed UI of public page and added labels, description and comments to public link page for files and folders
- (new) If 'Labels' column is hidden, reading of all metadata streams is skipped to increase loading speed of folders content
- (new) Added the ability to select and position on the file in a page with the public folder (using #hash)
- (new) Added sorting for columns on public folder page
- (new) Added setting to limit maximum allowed validity period for public links (hidden parameter PublicLinkMaximumAllowedValidityPeriod in PublicLinks group)
- (new) Added share public links with QR Code (in create Public Link window: button 'Send via..' -> 'QR code')
- (new) Added share authorized and public links to files/folders by GMail, Outlook, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn (in Public Link window and Send Email window)
- (new) Added new parameters in UI section LoginFormHeaderLogoUrl, LoginFormHeaderHtml for headers of login/register/change email/recover password/recover name forms
- (new) Added a possibility to add users into groups right from user properties window in Admin Panel
- (new) Added integration with Adobe Creative Cloud Online Image Editor (Aviary) for edit images (see parameter EnableAdobeOnlineImageEditor in Office section)
- (new) Dropped support for OAuth v1 and API v1 for Drobpox. Now only OAuth v2 and API v2 used (surely read Manual\Update.html)
- (new) Added possibility to notify admins about new user registration (only for Forms version and if enabled Main\EnableAnonymRegister; see hidden parameter EmailsToNotifyAdminsAboutUserRegistration in Main section)
- (new) File list columns ordering and sorting stored in cookies
- (new) Added links for view in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Web Apps for files in public folder
- (new) Now the Favorites folders stored on the server and accessible from anywhere
- (new) Added possibility to search files in grid by keypress
- (new) Added possibility paste and upload copied to clipboard screenshot or image, to Drag&Drop upload panel for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera (also for Firefox - you can paste copied files from OS; see also parameters AllowPasteImagesFromClipboard and EnableDnDUploader in UploadDownload section of Settings tab in Admin Panel)
- (fix) More strict checks for subadministrators are added
- (new) Added possibility to log events of creation of public link to file/folder. See parameter LogEvents in UI section (added CreatePublic event)
- (new) Allowed view as text file, view in MS Office, view in OpenOffice/LibreOffice without modify permission
- (fix) Fixed copy to clipboard
- (fix) Fixed video streaming via public links
- (fix) Mobile UI: Chrome browser on Android devices. Fixed issue with page reload when file list is scrolled up.
- (new) Tested integration with ADFS services. Integration instructions added to manual of AD version.
13 September 2016
HTTP Commander 4.0.8 minor version update
- (new) Added possibility to upload folders structure (include empty folders) in 'Drag and Drop' upload tab for Chomium based browsers
- (new) Improved support of collaborative edit in desktop Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint 2007-2016, Excel not supported): Now there is support for collaborative editing of documents with backlight changes by other users and conflict resolution
- (new) Added option PublicLinkDefaultLifeTimeForView to set the lifetime of public links to view in Google Docs, Owa, Edit in Zoho, PiXlr, etc..
- (new) Added parse of email separated by a , ; or | when you insert a field in the box, sending emails
- (fix) Fixed problem with save documents after edit in Microsoft Office365 Online Editor
- (new) Added recover user name via email in Forms version (see EnableUserNameRecovery)
28 June 2016
HTTP Commander 4.0.0 major version update
HTTP Commander 4.0.0 major version update ( 28 June 2016)
- (new) Added new features to create/edit office documents in services: Google Drive / MS Office Online / MS Office365
- (new) Added Office Form Based Authentication (parameter UseMSOFBAwithMSOffice) for editing documents in Microsoft Office desktop applications (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc313069.aspx)
- (new) New UI for Login page in Forms version
- (new) View documents in Google, MS Office Web Apps, Box, ShareCad, Edit in Zoho, Pixlr using just one click
- (new) Better support for Microsoft Edge (include drag-n-drop feature), Windows 10, Windows Server 2016
- (new) Added support to view AutoCAD files in A360 Autodesk Online Viewer
- (new) Added feature for manage (add, change, remove) files/folder comments (using details possibility)
- (new) Added feature for labelling files/folder
- (new) Added new themes for UI: Azzurra (with predefined colours: black, blue, gray, green, orange, red)
- (new) Added badge info about copy/cut files/folders quantity for Paste, Paste into buttons in toolbars and context menu
- (new) Added ACE code editor (https://ace.c9.io) for text files (with highlights syntax, collapse blocks, wrap, ...)
- (new) Updated libraries for play audio/video files in browser
- (new) New schema to open office documents in MS Office destkop applications. Without applets and plugins.
- (new) Support for Windows Phone 10 mobile interface
- (new) Updated third party libraries (include Newtonsoft.Json. Important! See Manual/Update.html)
- (fix) Dropped support for old SkyDrive API (used Passport.NET authentication protocol). Now OneDrive feature needs to set LiveConnectAppClientID parameter (UseNewSkyDriveAPI parameter removed)
- (new) Added sorting in lists of files for Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive for Business (download to / upload from windows): first by folders, than - titles
- (new) Added new parameter ZipUnicodeFileNames (by default true) for correct Zip/Unzip archives
- (fix) Dropped support of OfficeLauncher applet (open documents in OpenOffice/LibreOffice/MS Office).
- (new) Added new parameter TemporaryFolder (in main section) to store temporary files (thumbnails, zip download, video conversion, etc..)
- (new) Added 'Copy to clipboard' icon for fields with links (to file/folder, public links, etc...)
- (fix) Fix blocking ajax requests while download files
- (new) File list columns visibility and widths now stored in cookies
- (fix) Faster listing folders via WebDAV in Windows version
- (new) Updated manuals (include integration with cloud storages, WebDav Synchronization programs (for example CyberDuck))
- (new) Added new Zoho Show Editor formats: pptx, ppsx
- (new) Added additional field while upload files
- (new) Added account activation feature.
- (new) Added support of ShareCad online service
- (fix) Correct error message when there are completely no right to a folder
- (fix) Wrong symbols in username after lougout when Windows auth used in EDGE browser
4 January 2016
HTTP Commander 3.2.0 minor version update
- Java applets used in HTTP Commander for file upload/download and to launch MS Office/OpenOffice now has new 256bit code sign certificate up to December 2017. Updated files stored in Uploaders\ folder.
1 August 2015
HTTP Commander 3.2.0 minor version update
- Tested in Windows Server 2016
- Tested in Windows 10
- Tested in Office 2016 (beta)
- Tested in Microsoft Edge browser (Project Spartan) and latest IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- new feature: converting files using CloundConvert service https://cloudconvert.com/ (View / Edit -> Convert with CloudConvert)
- new feature: viewing office documents in Box Viewer (View / Edit -> View in Box)
- (update)Updated API for Box.net, OneDrive
- (new) For Windows Basic authenctication version now it is possible to set session timeout (auto logout after inactivity). Parameter "EnableAutoLogoutWhenSessionTimedOut"
- (new)Added new 10 languages (UI localization)
- (new) added 'Download all' button for start automatically download of all files from list ('Downloading of multiple files' window). Aslo in Chrome browsers you can drag file link for downloading.
- (fix) Fixed problem with stop uploading at 'Drag and drop' tab in 'Uploading of multiple files' window
- (fix) Support is dropped and disabled for Java & Silverlight Uploaders (also Java Download, Office Launcher) in Chrome 42+ (also chromium 42+ based browsers), Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan in Windows 10). See: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033
- (new) Added branding parameter for page with public links or public folder (PublicLinkLogoHeaderHtml)
- (fix) Fixed problem with download anonymous folder as ZIP archive
- (new) Added show expired anonymous links in Admin Panel
- (fix) Fix for correct work in OS with enabled FIPS policy
- (fix) Fixed issue with not working Mobile UI in Chrome 43+ browsers
18 February 2015
HTTP Commander 3.1.19 minor version update
- (new) For Upload/Modify/Create email notifications added links to files in email body
21 January 2015
HTTP Commander 3.1.17 minor version update
- (new) Added new parameter 'ZohoNoExport' in 'Office' section for disallow 'Export As..' functionality while editing document in Zoho Editor
12 August 2014
HTTP Commander 3.1.16 minor version update
- (new) Added HTML5 chunked upload in 'Standard' upload tab (Text with '> 2GB' label shown if browser supports HTML5 upload.)
- (fix) Minor security fixes (Thanks to SecLab for testing).
- (fix) Updated Microsoft APIs for OneDrive for Business cloud service.
- (fix) Hidden trashed files/folders from Google Drive list (Upload from/Download to Google Drive feature)
- (new) For Email Notifications added new events: Created and Deleted files/folders, Created public link for file/folder (see EmailNotification section in settings)
7 October 2014
HTTP Commander 3.1.15 minor version update
- (new) Parameters TreeView, HideTree, DefaultGridView added for handling from query string in Default.aspx page (see Manual/faq.html#settingsurl)
- (new) HTTP Commander tested on Windows 10 Server Technical Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview (IE, WebDAV)
- (new) In HTTP Commander with Forms Authentication method added new parameter PossibleAuthForWebDAV (instead of UseOnlyBasicAuthForWebDAV parameter). Required to configure authentication method (only Basic, only Digest or both Basic and Digest; by default using only Basic authentication) for WebDAV mapping or edit in Office feature.
- (new) Added parameter TplForAddUserNameToDisplaySenderNameWhenSendEmail to customize Display Name for sender when "Send Email" feature used.
- (fix) Fixed problem with WebDAV for folders containing '#' symbols in path
- (fix) Added support to map webfolders without '0' suffix in path if disabled AnonymousEditingOffice parameter (if enabled - '0'/'1' suffixes required)
- (new) Added 'Favorites' toolbar button for quick access to favorites folders (see ToolbarButtons1 or ToolbarButtons2 settings in UI section)
- (new) Added parameter ExpandSettingsWhenOpenCreatePublicLinkWindow (in UI section) to expand/collapse settings in "create public link" window
- (new) Added support to open Google Docs file types (.gdoc, .gsheet, .gslides, etc...) in Google Drive (see hidden parameter GoogleDriveFileTypes in Office section)
- (fix) Fixed problem in mobile UI with the redirection directly to the folder
- (fix) Fixed problem with limit of files when Drag'N'Drop folder upload used in Chrome
- (new) Added parameter ShowPublicLinksForView (UI section) to view documents provided by publick link
- (new) Added additional check to Diagnostics page (for WebDAV and others)
- (fix) Fixed problem in OneDrive for Business support
30 June 2014
HTTP Commander 3.1.8 minor version update
- (new) UI professional(human) translation to Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian languages. User help files are also translated.
- (new) Added integration with OneDrive for Business (beta)
- (new) Support Drag'n'drop uploader for Safari 5+
- (new) Added second link to file (in context menu 'Share->Link to File/Folder'): this link opens the folder with the file and highlights it
- (new) Added ability to set default order and size of columns in detailed view (see DisplayedDefaultColumnsInList option in Admin Panel Settings tab)
- (new) Nw column "downloads" with the number of downloads (not visible by default, see settings DisplayedDefaultColumnsInList and EnableDownloadsCounting in Admin Panel)
- (new) Added impersonation owner when viewing public network folders. This is applicable only for Basic Authentication at IIS (Windows and Forms with Windows user authentication at HTTP Commander).
- (fix) Fixed problem with stop upload (on Standard tab) in Internet Explorer 11
- (fix) Fixed problem with download to OneDrive: The access token doesn't have correct permission for the resource. The access token must include one of the following scopes: 'wl.skydrive_update'
- (fix) Fixed problem when saving images from Pixlr ('working, please wait...' message) - now used by default GET request method for saving (see UseGETMethodWhenSavingPixlrImages parameter in Admin Panel)
- (fix) Fixed WriteIIS7ConfigChanges error 0x800700b7 (Failed add isapiCgiRestriction element) when installing HTTP Commander using Setup Wizard in Windows Server 2012
- (fix) Some security bug fixes
- (fix) Fixed problem when copy/move and paste files/folders from/to network location (path started with '\\')
- (fix) Fixed problem with download to Box, when disabled dowload to Dropbox feature
- (fix) Increased time for search queries
- (fix) Fixed problem when opening a Shortcut (.LNK files) links with network target paths
- (fix) Fixed logout from iOS in Windows version
- (fix) Fixed problem (403 error) with download public links created for view in Google Docs or OWA, or edit in Zoho or Pixlr
- (fix) Fixed bug in interface with download to Google Drive root folder
12 May 2014
HTTP Commander 3.0.0 major version update
- (new) Completely new Mobile UI containing almost all of features of standard web UI. Interface is different for Android, iOS, Windows Phone OS but features are the same.
- (new) New SVG icons for main UI and admin panel. Icons looks great in both small or large (thumbnail) modes
- (new) Box.net cloud storage support.
- (fix) Integration of Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive is improved. OAuth2 authentication support.
- (new) Added possibility to upload folders for Chrome-based browsers
- (new) Reordering of context menu. New items in menu
- (new) View in Office Web Apps feature. Allows to see some kind of files online using only browser.
- (new) Added support Office Web Apps Server for view Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) from HTTPCommander in browser
- (new) Back, forward, resent folders controls on toolbar
- (new) Added alpha release of Antivirus Scanning functionality (tested with BitDefender for Windows Servers 3.5)
- (fix) Integration with OWA Exchange 2010 SP3 is checked. HCOwaPremiumIntegration.js is fixed
- (fix) Fixed issue with AdBlock extension in Chrome browser (blank screen after login).
- (new) Internet Explorer 11 support tested. Work in Windows 8.1 (Blue) and Windows Server 2012 (IIS 8.5) tested
- (fix) Different minor bug fixes
- (new) Different minor improvements in existing features.
11 December 2013
HTTP Commander 2.0.10 minor version update
- Installation Wizard
- Updated and signed Java files (JavaPowUpload.jar, OfficeLauncher.jar) up to 2016 year
- Updated third-party libraries (Google GData, Newtonsotf.Json)
- Fixed Zoho Editor under SSL
22 November 2013
HTTP Commander 2.0.9 minor version update
- Fixed bug at Simple Upload in Chrome (versions after November 2013) and IEx64
- Fixed bug with invalid size in anonymous folder view
2 Jule 2013
HTTP Commander 2.0.5 minor version update
- Added new hidden parameter - SmtpNetworkEnableSsl=true|false (default "false"). Specifies whether SSL is used to access an SMTP mail server
- Added new file types for edit in Pixlr - jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, psd, pxd
- Removed support of zoho-viewer (Zoho Viewer API discontinued)
- Added new field 'Sender email' in 'Send Email' window for specifying of sender mail
- Added 2 new parameters (ShowFileMarkWhenLockedByWebdavClient, ShowFileMarkWhenExistsDetails) to show 'locked' and 'details' icons
- Different minor fixes
14 June 2013
HTTP Commander 2.0.4 minor version update
- Subadmins users (admins with limited permissions)
- All content menu items can be added as toolbar buttons
- Added links to folders (if selected) in Send Email feature
- Added to Admin Panel (Misc tab) utility to load mapped drives from Group Policy
- Read and write data files in Data folder under application pool identity. The former version of application used the current user identity.
- Inline view .swf files (flash movies)
- Enhance workaround for logout problem in Windows authentication mode
- Different minor fixes
18 January 2013
HTTP Commander 2.0.3 minor version update
- Added new parameters "RequirePasswordOnCreatePublicLink", "PublicLinkDefaultValidPeriod"
- Different minor fixes
18 December 2012
HTTP Commander 2.0.2 minor version update
- Support LDAP with SSL for ldapContainer (LDAPS://
- Feature to maximize user interface to full screen or exit full screen in iframe mode and DIV mode.
- Different minor fixes
24 November 2012
HTTP Commander 2.0.1 minor version update
- Forms authentication version now has disabled impersonation for Handlers\anonymousdownload.ashx by default i.e work under application identity user by default. This user can be changed at IIS settings.
- Different minor fixes
7 Nov 2012
HTTP Commander 2.0 major version updateMain changes:
- Mobile application for iOS(iPhone, iPad) and Android mobile devices
- IE 9 and 10 support and other latest browsers
- Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8 support
- Windows 8 client side support
- Office 2013 tested and some problems fixed
- .NET framework 4.5 tested
- Webdav support for iOS Pages application, Android ES file manager
- WebDav for Mac users fixed
- Disk quota support (Windows authentication version)
- Web and local folders sync (using WebDAV)
- Password for zip/unzip
- Maximum size limit and comression ration for zipping
- Color themes for user interface
- 2nd toolbar + large icons
- Shortcuts (Symbolic links) creation and support
- *.url support
- SkyDrive new API support
- Multiple files upload for IE 10 browser
- Uploaders order parameter
- OWA and SharePoint integration
- SSO examples
- New file types support for Google Docs.
- Google Drive integration
- Short URL for public links
- LibreOfffice support
- Correct Windows authentication termination in Firefox, Chrome browsers.
- Improved User Manual
- Different fixes in Java, Flash, Silverlight uploaders
- Some special symbols and long paths support for WebADav
- Different minor fixes
01 March 2012
HTTP Commander 1.7 minor version updateMain changes:
- Public links feature improved (Administrator or users can create links to folders that dont requires authentication. Anonymous users can view content, download or upload files)
- Video and audio files online play (in both standard and mobile UI)
- Online convertor for video files
- Mobile UI now allows to upload files from iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Upload from DropBox
- Different minor fixes
- Fixed bug in SkyDrive feature (user logon)
- Fixed bug in downloading some files at mobile UI for Adroid devices
11 Oct 2011
HTTP Commander 1.6.2 minor version updateMain changes:
- Integration with SkyDrive (Microsoft Live) - allows users to uplod/download documents and then edit via Microsoft Web Apps (Online Office). Desktop MS Office also allows to upload/download/edit documents at the SkyDrive accounts.
- Multiple images preview with slideshow
- Multiple files download to DropBox
- Fixed: Corruption of files if online editing used (Application added some wrong symbols to the end of file if modified file is less then original. MS Office can restore such files. After editing the document in version 1.6.2 file will be corrected also.)
- Fixed: If admin adds few groups with default permissions once then only one group is added.
- Google Doc viewer now supports DOCX format.
30 August 2011
HTTP Commander 1.6.1 minor version updateMain changes:
- Integration for Novell EDirectory
- Public links to files and folders (Users can share own files/folders without authentication needed)
- Bulk email sending. Now users can send email to whole groups
- View ZIP content and only some files extracting
- Drag-n-drop files to ZIP archive
- Opening specified folder in URL. “Default.aspx?folder=foldername”
- Folders order change at admin panel (by drag-n-drop)
- Files modifications history
- Localization files editor at Admin panel
- Minor fixes for iPad (Full version): Help window can be scrolled now.
- Fixed problem with file date modification change after any metadata changes.
08 Jule 2011
HTTP Commander 1.6 minor version updateAdmin panel changes:
- 100% web user interface to modify application settings. Now most settings stored in the file HttpCommanderSettings.config
- Restart application button
- Improved application diagnostics. Download diagnostics output as HTML file feature
- /adminstart.aspx page with all links at one page
- In windows authentication version it is possible to specify domain name like "DomainName\Username" if multiple domains used.
- Viewing most office files via online Google Docs and Zoho services
- Download and opening of files now works at the new page (to prevent back clicks to return)
- Files Version control: the feature to check-in and check-out files and save different versions of single file. Versions of files stored to the ".Versions" subfolder inside parent folder.
- Details dialog now also shows file full size, attributes, dates, download counts. Also comments available.
- Drag-n-drop multiple files to the main interface for upload (Works in Firefox, Chrome browsers)
- Drag-n-drop files for copy and move inside main interface or inside folders tree
- Feature to save current location to "Favorites".
- Files list with pages (500 items per page be default). This makes application faster for folders with items count >500.
- Search by file details (metadata)
- Java uploader for Windows authentication version (Multiple files and folders uploading)
19 April 2011
HTTP Commander 1.5.1 minor version update
New browsers support
- Application works success with new Internet Explorer 9, FireFox 4, Chrome 10. Old browsers (even IE 6) also supported
- 100% mobile interface for most smartphones and touchpads.
- Users can edit documents via desktop MS Office and OpenOffice.org application online i.e don't need to download file and then upload it back to the server.
- All documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types are supported.
- Users can map their web folders to own OS and then work with files online via Windows Explorer only like with local file system. All folders can be mapped via single URL (like "http://server/application/hcwebdav/").
- Mobile users (smartphones) also can use WebDav clients and map folder.
- Editing office documents works online i.e data will be send to the server.
- Users can view some documents, spreadsheets, presentations and image fils types using browser via Google Doc or Zoho service.
- Users can upload files to own dropbox.com account (popular file share, sync and storage service)
- Users can upload files by typing its URL. Services like Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, DropBox offers direct links to file. FTP servers is also supported
- Administrator can look users activity logs at admin panel
- Users can get email if file modified or created by somebody
- Users can drag-n-drop files to HTTP Commander interface or select multiple files if they have FireFox or Chrome browser (70%)
- Users can sign-up, change their password and email.
- Users can view individual files thumbnails or change whole list view ("detailed" or "thumbnails").
- Fixed: Slow work if remote shares used.
13 August 2010
HTTP Commander 1.0 major version update[FUNCTIONALITY]
- Fully AJAX: very fast and needs small traffic: Each request/response to the server is ~1 KB size.
- "Loading" progress bar while first initialization. Then all scripts saved in browser cache and application loads quickly
- Interface is auto-resizable to any dimensions of browser window or iframe.
- Classic files uploading via Form.
- Flash multiple files uploader with images preview, progress bar and other features.
- Java multiple files and folders uploader applet. Images preview, progress bar, very large files (more than 2 GB), resumable upload features are available.
- Silverlight multiple files uploader: Flash-like uploader but supports Windows authentication. Advanced features: Resumable upload, very large files upload, Images preview, progress bar.
- Select folders and multiple files for download one by one. Resumable download is supported.
- "Zip and download" feature: auto archiving selected folders and files and download at zip file.
- Java multiple files and folders download applet. Resumable download is supported.
- IFRAME mode to embed HTTP Commander to any page of the site by one line of code. Site can be Unix or Window, PHP or ASP.NET or clear HTML.
- Open source login and logout pages. Now it is possibe to modify authentication code.
- Possibility to pass user name and password at the URL to skip authentication
- Fully collapsible tree and root folders view
- Files and folders grid view: each field can be resized, hidden or sort selected.
- Customizable toolbar with drop-down menus.
- Context menu.
- Online folders setup
- Easy interface with online help
- XML based database. Can be edited also manually at Notepad.
- Diagnostics feature: shows application identity, user folders, .NET framework installed, IIS and OS version.
- Create, copy, cut, paste, delete, rename
- View some types at the browser: images, PDF, Word documents
- Zip files and folders at server side for fast and multiple download.
- UnZip files and folders at server side for fast upload.
- Forms authentication: users need to be created at HTTP Commander database
- Windows authentication: application uses existing Windows server users or Active Directory users.
- New! Supports Forms authentication for Windows users. No Windows authentication needed.
- Possibility to disable any authentication: provides access for everybody.
- Cross browser and cross platforms interface: tested at Windows and Mac, Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3+
- HTTS (SSL) supports
- Errors occured log at XML.
29 April 2010
HTTP Commander non-AJS version minor version update
- Running at Windows 2003 and 2008 64-bit tested.
- Application requires .NET 2.0 or 3.5
- IIS 7.5 tested.
- Flash uploader now supports all browsers and SSL.
- Web.config by default supports IIS 7 and 7.5.
- Standard and for Windows Users (Active Directory version) now diffes only at web.config files. All code and documentation is common. Any version can be changed to another by replacing web.config file. Default web.config files included to Default_Web.configs/ folder.
- Bug: Response 401 while logout at Standard version. Now it returns 200 OK.
- Bug fixed: Error while download of files with some regional specific symbols.
- Bug while file download at the search window.
- Bug "Page cannon be displayed" while folders setup of admin panel if not anought permissions set.
- Wrong count of delimiter symbols "|" nor impossible to add at admin panel while folders edit.
- Built-in ASP.NET upload class now used instead of our upload control. Starting .NET 2.0 it supports up to 2 GB files without memory leak.
- Error 401 now returned while logout (Windows users version) to terminate Windows authentication. So user don't need to close his browser to terminate Windows authentication
- New Documentation. All files and sections at the single window.
- Personal version discontinued.
- License types now based on users count.
- Prices for Standard and Windows users version are the same.