Skip to content
HTTP Commander features list
Grouped by the meaning
- Basic files/folders management operations: creation, copying, deleting, renaming, move, search, view
- Familiar and user-friendly Windows Explorer-like interface.
- Folders navigation with a tree and list, thumbnails or tiles view.
- Multiple items selection. You can select the files and directories with the CTRL and SHIFT Keys. Mouse selection is supported.
- Automatic highlight and select of typed items in folder when you type first letters of file/foldername.
- Fast as a local application and quick loading because of modern technologies usage.
- Highlight new and
modified files. New and recently modified files marked with special icons.
- Configurable toolbars. Configurable size, order and presence of toolbar items.
- Customizable logo. Place your own logo on toolbar and login page.
- Several built in themes.
- Special user interface for mobile devices (Ios, Android, Windows Phone, etc.).
- Multilingual and customizable interface. (30+ languages included)
- Sharing documents
and folders between the users.
- Publicly sharing files and
folders with possibility to set advanced settings.
Password protection, expiration date configuration, notifications about activities for public shares.
- Download with support of resumption. Drag and drop download.
- Downloads counting
- Many opportunities to upload files and folders
- Drag and drop files/folders, upload of large files (>2GB)
- Custom upload form fields.
- Paste an image from the clipboard. Take a screenshot and easily upload it to a server.
Allows to associate additional information with files/folders.
- Zip/Unzip files and folders, "Zip and download" feature with compression "on the fly" (no temp zip files created).
- Full-text search, indexed search. Support of Windows Search Service. Advanced search options. Search by file/folder name, by metadata (comments and labels), by file content.
- Unicode support for Zip archives.
- Favorites. Add folders to favorites list for fast access.
- CloudConvert service support. Allows to convert files online from/to various formats.
- Trash with the possibility to restore.
- Recent documents.
- Opportunity to watch for modifications of files and folders.
- Version control
- Ability to choose default action for double click for each file type.
Images, video and other viewers
- View documents in Autodesk online, in
- Viewing pictures online
- Thumbnails (in thumbnails view mode and in details panel) of image, video, audio (album cover), pdf, exe, MS Office, OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice, epub files .
- Edit images online in the built in simple image editor.
- Online video and audio files play.
- View djvu and epub files in browser.
- Support of existing NTFS permissions on folders and files.
- Integration with Active Directory: Users, groups, home folders, password expiration reminder
- Support of simple authorization rules : allow/deny access to the application for certain users/groups.
- Access Based Enumeration (ABE) support
- Quotas support
- Comfortable Admin Panel
- Support of local and remote folders (UNC server paths like \\servername\folder).
- Configurable permission on folders for users or groups. (List, Modify, Upload, Zip, Unzip, Download, etc.)
- Placeholders for folder path allows to easily share folders with username/group name in folder path.
- Compatible with SSL (HTTPS)
- Events logging
- Configurable email notifications.
- Antivirus scanning support
- Users self-register . Account activation. Password policy and complexity settings
- Subadmins functionality allows to delegate some of administrative privileges to other users, independent subadmins feature allows to isolate users/groups and folders managed by different subadmins.
- Easy XML database and configuration file.
- No database installation required.
- Installation on-premises or on hosting.
- Most known browsers supported. Internet Explorer 10+, Edge, Opera 43+ (PC, Mac), Chrome 57+, Mozilla/Firefox 45+, Safari 6+.